Summer’s almost here! Itching to get away? Before you hit the road, give your car a closer look. Racking up miles under higher temperatures can spell trouble if your car’s not fully prepared, and put it out of commission when you need it the most.
To avoid an unexpected breakdown, take these steps to get your car summer-ready:
- Inspect and replace air filters if needed to maximize air flow and increase mileage
- Test, clean and secure the battery to protect against the evaporating effects of the summer heat
- Replace, clean and/or top off all fluids including engine coolant, steering and brake fluids
- Re-inflate and rotate tires, or replace completely if bald (tread below 1/16”)
- Check the hose and belt for wear and tear to prevent an engine and electrical system disruptions
- Examine brakes for noises, vibrations, or pulling sensations that signal a need for replacement
However, if your vehicle has suffered from more external damage from an accident or fender bender, that’s where we come in! Call to schedule a free estimate appointment at 636-200-3292. For more information on all collision repair services we provide, visit our website.